Welcome fellow WMU students!
Hope in the Zoo is a local solution challenge in the form of a 3-day hackathon that will take place from 19th to 21st December 2022. In alignment with our core value to support social good, we will be collaborating with Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes (KLF), the largest non-profit provider of food assistance in Kalamazoo, Michigan. This will be the first of many opportunities for you to solve real-world challenges provided by KLF, expand your portfolio, and further help their work.
The Solution Challenge is open to everyone from any major.
In this Solution Challenge, you will have to choose one of the three tracks/problems to solve which include:
1. How can you help improve KLF's supply chain?
2. How can you help improve KLF's inventory management system?
3. How can you help improve KLF's customer service?
[IMPORTANT!!] To complete the whole process of signing up for our Solution Challenge, please follow the procedures below:
1. Order a ticket for this event on this page.
2. Join our Solution Challenge on Devpost, where you can find our event page through this link. All the details and requirements will be on this Devpost page, and you will be submitting your final prototype through Devpost as well.
3. Join our Microsoft Teams channel through this link. This will be our official communication channel for the solution challenge.
4. [Optional] Create a GitHub account if you don't have one.
More information will be available on our Devpost page.
For any questions, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help!
Western Michigan University
Event Operations Coordinator
Web Development Director
Social and Community Service Director
Community Engagement Director
Communications and Internal Affairs Director
Community Engagement Coordinator