About this Event Series:
In the 3rd session of our Legal Insights for Student Entrepreneurs series, guest speaker Suresh Sriskandarajah from Suresh Law will be discussing agreements to keep as the company grows/ raises capital - service agreement, employment agreement, and shareholders agreements.
Why should students be aware of legal things when creating a startup?
- Avoid and navigate around conflicts between founders of the startup
- Hash out ownerships in the company
- Clearly divide roles between the founders
- Salaries, equities
- Plan out rules of ownership in case a founder wants to leave
- Event will be hosted online on Youtube, requires PC/Mac with internet connection
Thu, September 23rd, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST:
Legal Insights for Student Entrepreneurs | Take your idea to market
Thu, Oct 7th, 7:00 pm- 8:00 pm EST:
Legal Insights for Student Entrepreneurs | Incorporating and organizing your company
Thu, Oct 21st, 7:00 - 8:00 EST:
Legal Insights for Student Entrepreneurs | Growing your business (This one)
Suresh is a technology and business lawyer with a background in engineering and entrepreneurship. He completed his articles at boutique firms in the areas of corporate, technology and administrative law. Over the course of his professional career, Suresh has held executive roles with various organizations, launched three ventures and mentored dozens of startups. He has also worked for leading com…