Build a solution to a local problem using Google technologies, in accordance with one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Form a team of not more than four (4) and contest to win amazing prizes.
This hackathon aims at inspiring and motivating the students of the club to bring up solutions that can well compete for the Global Hackathons.
Oftentimes, members of the GDSC chapter in the university shy from participating in such hackathons because most of them have not gotten the opportunity to participate in hackathons before and others too do not get mentors to motivate and guide them.
In this Solution Challenge Hackathon, we will give the opportunity to all members to form their teams and join. Teams will be guided and mentored by the Core team of the GDSC and also leaders from the Google Developer Group (GDG) Accra.
It will also help them connect with each other to form competitive teams for the Google Solution Challenge 2023.
Each solution will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 50 points, across two aspects: Impact and Technology.
Impact (25 points)
- Does the entry establish a clear challenge using their problem statement? (5 points)
- Do they explain clearly which UN Sustainable Development goals and targets they chose for their solution and why? (5 points)
- Feedback from users, testing & iteration (5 points)
- Does the team clearly describe three feedback points they received from real users and the steps they took to test them?
- Is there evidence of what the team learned and how the solution was iterated upon based on user feedback?
- Does the solution address the challenge (and problem statement) identified by the team? Does the team adequately describe the success of their solution using metrics, goals, and outcomes? (5 points)
- Is there evidence of next steps? Does the team display a clear plan for future extension to a larger audience if they were to continue? (5 points)
Technology (25 points)
- Does the team clearly describe the following: architecture, high-level components, responsibility of each component, specific products and platform they implemented? Has the team clearly explained what Google technology they used and why? (5 points)
- Does the solution implement all the technical components needed to solve the challenge? (5 points)
- Code testing and iteration (5 points)
- Does the team highlight one challenge they faced while building their code, how they addressed the issue, and the technical decisions and implementations they had to make? Did the team include guidance on running their code?
- Does the video demonstration show an actual working application (not a mockup) and how a user will interact with the solution? Does the demo show how the solution makes effective and appropriate use of the features of the chosen Google technology or platform? (5 points)
- Can the solution, in its current form or minor structural changes, support more users and increased scale? (5 points)