Welcome to the first event in DSC's career prep speaker workshop series! Come learn about what the recruiting process is like for internships in the tech industry and what resources you can use to prepare. You'll also have the chance to ask our new grad panelists (Swarthmore alumni) any questions you have about the process!
Laura Chen '19 (Full Stack Developer at IBM)
Jimmy Shah '18 (Data Scientist at Cargo Systems, Inc.)
James Chen '17 (Software Engineer II at Robert Half)
• Overview of recruiting timeline for internships
• What is the interview process like?
• How to look for opportunities
• Resources for bridging the gap between classes and industry
Ask Our Panelists Questions Like:
• How they became interested in their career paths
• Advice for the internship/job search
• What resources they used to prepare for interviews
• How they found their current roles
• What it's like to work at different types of companies (large and small!)
• How you can learn about topics that aren't taught at Swarthmore