Join us to learn about the 2023 Google Solution Challenge, presented by NA GDSC Program Manager Daniel Fiorillo. Afterwards, we will complete a Flutter codelab that you can use as potential base for your Solution Challenge project! This application will utilize Google's technology to render adaptively across different operating systems like iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, and Linux. There will also be free food!
What you'll learn
- How to grow a Flutter app designed for mobile to work on all six platforms supported by Flutter.
- The different Flutter APIs for detecting the platform and when to use each API.
- Adapting to the restrictions and expectations of running an app on the web.
- How to use different packages alongside each other to support the full range of Flutter's platforms.
- An IDE of your choice, such as VS Code
- An installation of the Flutter SDK
You can run the codelab using any of these devices - please have the platforms of your choosing ready for testing at the workshop as you see fit:
- A physical Android or iOS device connected to your computer and set to Developer mode.
- The iOS simulator (requires installing Xcode tools).
- The Android Emulator (requires setup in Android Studio).
- A browser (Chrome is required for debugging).
- As a Windows, Linux, or macOS desktop application. You must develop on the platform where you plan to deploy. So, if you want to develop a Windows desktop app, you must develop on Windows to access the appropriate build chain. There are operating system-specific requirements that are covered in detail on docs.flutter.dev/desktop.