In this event, we will cover how to get started with Unreal Engine 5 after you have finished installing it.
Prior to the event, please install Unreal Engine 5 by following these steps: https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.1/en-US/installing-unreal-engine/
Make sure to include Starter Content in the installation options to follow along with our workshop.
Unreal Engine 5 is a large download, upwards of 20GB, so please provide ample time to install the software before our workshop.
Join 2 club members, Travis Crabbe and Lucian Eckert-Dean, to get a basic grasp of applying your OOP knowledge to Unreal Engine. By the end of the workshop, you should :
- Know how to create a new project using a template
- Know how to create a level and insert 3D models and light sources
- Know how to get free game dev assets from the Unreal Marketplace
- Know how to create a blueprint (similar to a class, but in Unreal Engine's visual scripting language)
- Know how to use blueprints to interact with the level you've created on a basic level
- Have direction on how to continue your learning