By the end of this session, you'll learn how to implement multiple screens and navigate through them.
1. Install android studio beforehand. Click here for instructions on how to.
2. Go through the New to Programming sessions to jog your memory
Link to first session recording- https://youtu.be/k1ryTxIfaHA
Link to second session recording- https://youtu.be/ppEa_yBbKXk
3. Go through Kotlin Koans to learn the Kotlin vocabulary- https://play.kotlinlang.org/koans/overview (Just go through Introduction, Convention and Collections)
4. Go through the first session of Prior Programming Experience Track here- https://youtu.be/N2pPMq2YydI
In this track, it is assumed that the attendees have prior knowledge of programming, or at least what is required to get started with Android development. If you are unsure, go through our previous sessions of New to Programming Android Study Jam given above. We have already completed a session in this track, so if you have missed it, you can go through it in the link given above. The knowledge of all the prior sessions would be necessary here to understand this session. In this session, we will be covering
- Activities, in detail
- Fragments vs activities
- Navigation between different screens
After the session you are expected to complete the Unit 1 of codelabs in this track. Link to codelabs here https://developer.android.com/courses/kotlin-fundamentals/course
For every module of the track you complete, you will be getting a virtual badge on your profile. On completion of the whole track, you will be provided with a digital certificate. You can show both of these in your resume! We are also throwing in stickers which we will be shipping to you on completion of all the tracks! If you make a decent app, you will have the opportunity to publish it on playstore for free, with all due credits.
Join the #app-dev channel on NITR Devs slack here . You can join our whatsapp group here You can ask for any doubts and it will be cleared. You can also find more details about the Android Study Jam here.
Add this event to your Google Calender by clicking this link-