Game development is a very rapidly evolving industry — but it doesn't have to be tough to break into! Join us for a 5-day long virtual game jam with the opportunity to learn how to build your very first game. The best part? You don't need to have worked with any game technologies before! We will take you right through the process by getting you started with an open-source API that allows you to unleash your creativity and make something you truly are proud of!
The event will kick off with a workshop on the very first day to teach you all you need to know for working with APIs. You will then have 5 days where you will be able to work through a project on your own or in a team of up to 2 people with a specific API that we provide you (as well as any other APIs of your choice!) At the end of the 5-day event, we will open up a Google Form where you will be to submit a link to your project as well as names of your teammates for a chance to win prizes!
Register today to save yourself a spot!
* All teammates must be registered for the event through the website to be able to participate in the Game Jam and compete for prizes
About this session: What we are going to cover?
- An introduction to what APIs are
- A visual demonstration of how APIs work
- How to read and parse responses
- Implement data into your own code
- Project submission details
- Instructions on how to make a game project given a specific API
- Judging criteria and prizes
Your favorite object-oriented programming language
Code editor of your choice
The workshop will be held on Tuesday, Feb 22 at 7PM. Register for the event, and open your event ticket at the time of the event to join the Zoom meeting. The winning team will be awarded $30.