Get official hands-on technical training at no cost on big data analysis and machine learning on Google Cloud Platform.
Cloud Hero games are community-run by local developers like your DSC (even though it is virtual) who are there to help you along the way.
By attending, you'll receive up to two exclusive skill badges, and 30-days free access to the entire Qwiklabs catalogue.
Join a community of like-minded developers and explore the latest Google Cloud technologies as a team.
Join us for our upcoming Cloud Hero Event and get hands-on experience with big data analysis and machine learning on the Google Cloud Platform.
There are two main parts to this event:
1. Learn together with your friends to get the basic information...
2. Then take it to the next level in a friendly competition to see who can best apply the skills they learned!
After the Cloud Hero event, you’ll receive 30-days free access to the entire Qwiklabs catalogue, so you can keep developing your skills at home. Complete all of the learning and challenge labs, and you’ll earn an additional free month of access to Qwiklabs as well as two exclusive badges for your online profile.
About this session, Data & Machine Learning Cloud Hero Event:
In this session, we’ll be covering:
● Creating tables in importing data in BigQuery
● Running queries in BigQuery
● Using BigQuery to find public dataset
● Joining multiple data sources to draw new insights
● Creating a training and evaluation dataset to be used for batch prediction
● Creating a classification (logistic regression) model in BQML
● Evaluating the performance of your machine learning model
● And more!
We’ll be covering new content on each day of this Cloud Hero event, so be sure to stop by on both Saturday and Sunday if you can! If you can’t make it to one or the other, however, don’t worry, we’d love to have you join us when you can.
● An understanding of Qwiklabs and a Qwiklabs account (from the prep event)
● A basic understanding of SQL could help, but not required (from the prep event)
● Basic programming language experience could help, but not required.
● You can use either Windows, mac-OS, or Linux.
● The labs will run on all of the latest versions of popular browsers. For the best experience, make sure your laptop has Firefox or Chrome installed.
● Your enthusiasm to become a Cloud Hero!
Saturday, November 7, 2020
1:00 PM EST - Welcome and Introduction to Cloud Hero
Learn what a Cloud Hero game is, and why it’s so awesome!
1:05 PM EST - Introduction to Big Data and Machine Learning
Learn about some of the basic concepts for big data analysis and machine learning!
1:35 PM EST - Getting Access to the Cloud Hero Game
We’ll help you join the Cloud Hero game and claim your QwikLabs credit!
1:45 PM EST - Lab 1 Walkthrough
Let’s walk through the “BigQuery: Qwik Start - Command Line” lab together!
2:15 PM EST - Lab 2 Walkthrough
Let’s walk through the “Getting Started with BQML” lab together!
2:55 PM EST - Day 1 Wrap up & Discussion
What should you do tonight to be ready for another exciting day of being a cloud hero tomorrow?