Luna Hacks is a challenge-based hackathon that runs for 24 hours. it was born out of the idea that people need to build more, in a fun way. through the competitive and fun environment it creates, It gives members a chance to test their craftiness, tinker with various tools and technologies and generally just have fun competing for different prizes.
Feb 25, 2023, 7:00 AM – Feb 26, 2023, 7:00 AM
AR / VRAndroidFirebaseGoogle CloudWeb
About this event
Luna Hacks is a challenge-based hackathon that runs for 24 hours. it was born out of the idea that people need to build more, in a fun way. through the competitive and fun environment it creates, It gives members a chance to test their craftiness, tinker with various tools and technologies, and generally just have fun competing for different prizes.
1. Build - This event is to expose people to a build culture. To ensure members learn through building things.
2. Explore - Expose members to various technologies and tools by giving them a chance to explore seamlessly. A personalized sandbox environment for the attendees
3. Fun learning - Have people engage in learning but with a sprinkle of fun everywhere
4. Inclusive - The event is open and inclusive. It takes into consideration people's different tech backgrounds and abilities.
Luna Hacks is a challenge-based hackathon. This means that for 24 hours participants will be working to solve a range of challenges (for different skills and skill levels) and rise on the leaderboard. The challenges will be based on the four tracks listed below
1. Open Source Exploration - This track will cover tools and workflows when contributing to open source. E.g Git, pull requests, GitHub, etc.
2. Software Development - This track will focus on using various software development technologies, languages, tracks, workflows, tools e.t.c
Keen interest in web, android, flutter, ML & AI, and APIs.
3. Hardware Exploration - This track will revolve around where hardware meets software. It will be centered on having people learn and explore the world of the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems
4. Design, no-code, and low-code - This track focuses on the use of low-code and no-code platforms. It also provides a chance for other fields like UX design, graphic design, etc.
5. Professional skills - This track is focused on caviar skills in the tech world. It aims to add good to have skills to a technologist's profession. Professional and soft skills and technical writing just to name a few.