Developer Student Clubs - JSSSTU
Android Study Jams are community-organized study groups for people learning how to build Android apps. It is a self-paced course where you have to follow the tracks and complete the tasks on the website, at the comfort of your home. Our facilitator, Puneeth B S, will be clearing your doubts related to Android and guide you to complete the course tracks.
- The last date to complete the tracks & be eligible for the benefits is 20th of January, 2021 11:59 PM IST.
- You need to earn the 10 badges in the Track 2 only, before the last date of the program, to be qualified for the certificate.
- The best apps developed by the participants at the end of the program will stand a chance to be showcased by Google on its blogs & social media.
Syllabus for the program:
New to Programming Track (for people who are new to programming)
- follows the Android Basics in Kotlin course.
- Unit 1: Kotlin basics for Android. You will take your first steps of programming in Kotlin, add images and text to your Android apps, and learn how to use classes, objects, and conditionals to create an interactive app for your users.
- Unit 2: Layouts. You will learn to improve the user interface of your app by learning about layouts, Material Design guidelines, and best practices for UI development.
Prior Programming Experience Track (for people who already have programming experience)
- follows the Android Kotlin Fundamentals course. Also includes a pre-work section using Kotlin Koans from JetBrains for those who are new to Kotlin.
- Unit 1: You will build five different Android apps with the Kotlin programming language, create multiple layouts, and add user interactivity to your Android apps. Define navigation paths and start an external activity. Handle complex lifecycle situations and add logging.
- Unit 2: You will build five different Android apps with the Kotlin programming language, learn about architecture components, such as ViewModel and LiveData. Create a database using the Room library. Display a list of clickable items with RecyclerView. Load and display data from the internet. Make your app more accessible for all users.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us on our Discord Community Server if you have any questions or queries.