Developed a fun web app but unsure how to deliver it? Use containers!
Container technologies have become incredibly popular today. They help build, package, and deploy applications. This workshop is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of containers and their various components.
This hands-on workshop will teach you how to build and deploy containers using Docker. You will start by learning the basics of containerization and how Docker works. You will then learn how to create Docker images and run containers. We will also briefly look at other ways of using containers, including Vagrant and Kubernetes.
Throughout the workshop, you will have the opportunity to work on various practical exercises to help build an understanding of these exciting technologies.
From this workshop, you will learn:
* What is container-based virtualization?
* How does it compare to Virtual Machines?
* What are the reasons to use containers?
* How do containers work?
* What are the components involved?
* How do these component work in practice?
* How do people work with containers? (Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions)