Android Study Jams are community-organized study groups for people to learn how to build Android apps using an online training course. During this program, you will learn the basics of Android Development using Kotlin! We will be working through guided units and pathways as part of an exciting course developed by Android Experts from Google.
In this course, you’ll be learning how to code in Kotlin. Kotlin is a programming language that is used to build Android apps. It is a modern and popular programming language, known for helping developers be more productive and allows you to be more concise when writing your code. As a result of many great language features, Kotlin has quickly gained momentum in the industry. It is reportedly one of the fastest-growing programming languages, according to GitHub, and ranked as the #4 most loved programming language among developers, according to the 2020 Stack Overflow Developer Survey.
There are two different tracks offered under the Jams, based on whether someone has prior programming experience or not. The participants are free to select their preferred tracks.
• For the New to Programming Track, the prerequisites are basic computer skills and basic math skills.
• For the Prior Programming Experience Track, the prerequisites are prior programming experience in an object-oriented programming language
Participants with prior programming experience are welcome to work through the beginner track during that time. After completion of New to Programming Jams, we will dive into the Prior Programming Experience Track.
What’s in it for students participating in the Android Study Jams?
• Virtual badges on Google Developers profile on completion of each unit of the course.
• Certificate of Completion after completion of Prior Programming Experience Track.
• Selected apps will be showcased in blog format or on social media
Your knowledge will build on itself week over week as you build a collection of Android apps that showcase what you’ve learned. Join us to advance your skills and learn how to build apps!
A final year B.Tech Computer science student who is a passionate Web developer, Entrepreneur and a Innovator.